Fiona Kendall is a qualified nutritionist and dietitian, and has recently completed a Master of Dietetics at the University of Otago in NZ. Fiona was diagnosed with IBS in 2014 and soon after started to heal her gut with a low FODMAP diet, which has completely changed her life.
Fiona loves whole foods, yoga and the outdoors and especially she loves cooking and create new recipes for her blog Fiona’s Messy Kitchen. Fiona and her friend Kathrine have created a low FODMAP eBook called Everyday, which contains over 22 low FODMAP recipes for any time of the day.
Note from Larah: As I no longer transcribe the whole interview, you can listen to it from the player below, as well as from iTunes and Stitcher.
LISTEN OR DOWNLOAD THE LOW FODMAP DIET & IBS PODCAST EPISODE 40 HERE
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Fiona came across the low FODMAP diet
- Nutrient deficiencies and IBS
- The effects of staying on a low FODMAP diet for too long
- Can it be harmful to stay on the low FODMAP diet long-term
- How getting a Comprehensive Stool Parasitology can help you
- How Fiona was able to reduce her IBS symptoms and how you can also reduce yours in the same way
- Fiona’s gut healing secret???? It’s hot and can be drunk in a mug and it’s NOT hot chocolate
- and more….